Forum updated, Users without posts deleted due to spam

General discussion about CrazyStat
Forum rules
Preferred language of discussion is English so most users can profit from your threads, but German is okay as well.

Bevorzugte Sprache ist Englisch, damit möglichst viele Nutzer von den Threads profitieren können, aber Deutsch wird auch akzeptiert.
Christopher
Site Admin

Forum updated, Users without posts deleted due to spam

Post by Christopher » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:48 pm

Dear users,

the moderation queue of the forum earlier today contained 2.500 posts in which I only found one single post that was not spam.
After going through the moderation queue, I saw that the forum has about 900 members from which 850 don't have a single accepted post. Most of these accounts have already spammed or, from experience, they will start spamming after some time.

Therefore, to clean up, all users without any (accepted) posts have been deleted today. I am really sorry if i deleted somebody's account who was just reading. Feel free to register again.

Also the forum was updated to the latest phpBB version in the hope that it copes better with spam-bots. I saw that there are extensions now that can protect against spammers. I will try these if necessary.

With the update, my theme is not compatible anymore so for the time being, we will stick with the default theme.

Greetings,
Christopher
I try to support my users as best as I can.
Please support me and CrazyStat in return. Thanks.