Inactive users deleted, new anti spam protection

General discussion about CrazyStat
Forum rules
Preferred language of discussion is English so most users can profit from your threads, but German is okay as well.

Bevorzugte Sprache ist Englisch, damit möglichst viele Nutzer von den Threads profitieren können, aber Deutsch wird auch akzeptiert.
Christopher
Site Admin

Inactive users deleted, new anti spam protection

Post by Christopher » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:12 am

Dear users,
due to continuing spam problems, I enabled a new spam protection mechanism.

In the hope that it protects the board better against spam bots, posts by new users are now directly visible (if they pass the spam check). If your post doesn't pass the spam check, it will end up in the moderation queue just like before.

In the past, new posts were sometimes stuck in the moderation queue for a while until I found the time to approve them. Let's hope the new spam protection is working good and I can keep the current settings so posts of new users will be instantly visible.

In the process of cleaning up, I again deleted inactive users with zero posts. From my experience, these users are usually bot users that will eventually start spamming. I am really sorry if I deleted the account of somebody who is just reading. Feel free to create a new account.

Greetings,
Christopher
I try to support my users as best as I can.
Please support me and CrazyStat in return. Thanks.